You can get the ad-free MOD version of Torque Pro (OBD 2 & Car) for Android phones and tablets for free. This is a high-tech tool and scanner for diagnosing and improving car performance.
Overview of Torque Pro APK for Android
Torque is a diagnostics and efficiency tool for your car that connects to your OBD2 engine management/ECU with the help of an OBD II Bluetooth adapter. It can use GPS and OBD engine tracking to track what you do at anytime.
It can also show and clear a DTC/CEL/fault code like a scan tool, which helps you fix your car and lowers the cost of repairs. For this app to work, you need a Bluetooth OBD2 device. The small adapter goes into the car’s diagnostics port, which lets you use your phone.
It works on cars made by Ford, VW, GM/Vauxhall/Opel, Chrysler, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Audi, Jaguar, Citroen, Peugeot, Skoda, Kia, Mazda, Lexus, Subaru, Renault, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Honda, Hyundai, BMW, Toyota, Seat, Dodge, Jeep, Pontiac, and many more European, US, Far East, etc. car brands. Some ECUs for vehicles may have more or less features than others.
Features of the App
- Dyno, Dynomometer, Horsepower, or HP, and Torque
- Transmission Temperatures (depending on the car)
- See how fast your car or truck is with 0-60 speed timings that are more accurate than just using GPS.
- Readout of CO2 emissions
- Dashboard and settings that can be changed
- The Track Recorder plugin with an onscreen OBDII data layer lets you make a video of your trip. It’s like a black box for your car or truck.
- Send GPS-tagged tweets directly to Twitter (for example, if you are going on a road trip).
- Extensive database of fault codes where you can look up codes from different makers
- You can change the look of your dashboard by picking a different theme.
- Send logging data to the web or via email in CSV/KML file to be analyzed in Excel or OpenOffice reader.
- HUD (Heads-Up Display) mode for driving at night
- GPS-based compass that won’t be affected by magnetic interference
- GPS Speedometer/Tracking and the option to upload to the web in real-time let you see what you were doing and how your engine was running at a particular time.
- Turbo boost feature for cars with MAP and MAF sensors, like VW and Golf, Audi, Seat, etc.
- Alarms and warnings (like if your coolant temperature while driving goes over 120C). With voice-over and speech-over
- Help with the car dock
- Chart data
- Screenshots can be shared on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Email, and other places.
- AIDL API for apps made by other people, An OBD scanner and a simple Telnet interface for writers to talk to the adapter.
- Tablets like the Motorola Xoom, Dell Streak, Samsung Galaxy Tab, and Nook can be used.